Welcome! My name’s Sahra and my twin sister (Tamena) and I started this blog to share our love of all things food related. We’re both accountants in the DC area so most of our recipes will be quick and healthy dinners that we make on week nights after work. Also lots of sweets. I literally have the biggest sweet tooth and have to eat something sweet after every meal. That’s where these cookies come in! I eat them almost every day after lunch at work, perfect with a cup of tea!
They’re sooo easy to make and everyone in my family is obsessed with them. So much so that we end up making around four batches every weekend and then just giving them out to everyone to eat throughout the week. This Trader Joe’s Fig Butter makes these cookies so good and creamy but also gives them texture like nothing else can.
You can also modify these cookies however you’d like by adding nuts, substituting chocolate for raisins, or maybe even white chocolate!
Photos taken by Yasmine Aziz. Follow her photography instagram here
- 1 cup instant oats
- ¾ cup flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup fig butter*
- ¼ cup Chopped dark chocolate
- Whisk together the oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in a medium bowl. In a separate bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, egg, and vanilla. Stir in the honey and fig butter. Add in the flour mixture, stirring just until incorporated. Fold in the chocolate.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat; alternatively, spray with non-stick spray.
- Drop the cookie dough into 15 rounded scoops onto the prepared sheet. Bake at 325°F for 11-13 minutes. Cool on the pan for 10 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack.
- *If you can't find fig butter, you can use 1/2 cup of honey instead of splitting out between honey/fig butter. The consistency is very similar and still tastes amazing!