This salad is so so good. It’s inspired by the Sweetgreen Mexican corn elote bowl that they have in the summer.
Hope everyone is having a wonderful time celebrating the holidays with friends and family! I’m going to be sad when everyone takes their lights down; I love driving around at night and seeing everyones decorations. Also so crazy that it’s 2017 in less than a week. Where did the year go?! Anyway, on to the salad…
This salad has so much texture. Crunchiness from the sunflower seeds, roasted corn, and cabbage and creaminess from the goat cheese. I love summer days when I’m free and can go to the gym, sweetgreen after for lunch, and then shop around outside. I almost always order this salad because it’s the best. Would be fab if they had it all year.
The salad also the perfect meal to eat after the holidays! That was the main reason that I decided to make this. After going to Mexico for a week (at the most amazing all-inclusive resort btw) and going to dinners/gift exchange parties the week after, I felt like I needed something light.
Back to the resort though. Mexico is so pretty! And everyone that works there is so friendly and polite. It was freezing in DC right before my friends and I left for the trip so the escape was perfect. It was 85 degrees, sunny, and breezy everyday. The food was also so good. Guacamole on everything!!!!! Literally. Wish that’s how food was here, too. Also wish we had their weather, because it feels so good.
Hope you enjoy the recipe!
- 1/2 cup quinoa, dry
- 2 oz goat cheese
- 4 tbls Cilantro Dressing (used Trader Joe's brand)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 2 cups baby arugula leaves
- 2/3 cup roasted corn
- 2 tbls roasted sunflower seeds
- 1. Cook the quinoa according to package directions.
- 2. For this recipe we used frozen roasted corn from Trader Joe's. If you want to make fresh corn, one ear of corn roasted would work for 2 people.
- 3. Crumble the goat cheese in a bowl and then mix in all the other ingredients. Separate into two bowls/plates and enjoy!